Diabetes Health Benefits of Peppers
Loading the player...Weight Management - The Health Benefits of Bell Peppers <p><a href="https://familypractice-now.com/practitioner/dr-daniel-ezekiel-family-doctor-vancouver-bc">Dr. Dan Ezekiel</a>, MD,<a href="https://familypractice-now.com/local/local-family-physician"> Family Physician</a> and Ali Chernoff, RD,<a href="https://smartfood-now.com/local/local-registered-dietician"> Registered Dietician</a>, Mr. Nick Pratap, Kinesiologist, talk about the health benefits of <a href="https://smartfood-now.com/benefits-of-red-peppers">bell peppers</a> in relation to weight management.</p>
Dr. Dan Ezekiel, MD, Family Physician and Ali Chernoff, RD, Registered Dietician, Mr. Nick Pratap, Kinesiologist, talk about the health benefits of bell peppers in relation to weight management.
Cooking Video : Crescendo® Sweet Pointed Pepper Soup
Loading the player...Windset Farms® Creamy Pepper Soup Executive Chef Ned Bell, Windset Farms®, creates an easy and delicious recipe for Creamy Pepper SoupExecutive Chef Ned Bell, Windset Farms®, creates an easy and delicious recipe for Creamy Pepper Soup
Creamy Crescendo® Sweet Pointed Pepper Soup
1 stick butter
1 white, yellow or red onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, chopped
8 ½ cups Crescendo® Sweet Pointed Peppers
1 cup white wine
4 ¼ cups vegetable or chicken stock
2 cups 35% cream
1 cup sour cream
¼ cup green onion, chopped
1 tbsp grainy mustard
salt and cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Roast peppers in oven until skins are blistered (30 minutes) let cool, peel and seed. Blend peppers in a food processor.
- In a large pot, sauté onions and garlic in butter. Add Crescendo® Sweet Pointed Peppers.
- Deglaze with white wine. Add chicken stock and cream. Simmer for 30 minutes over medium heat.
- Season with salt and cracked black pepper.
- In a separate bowl, mix together sour cream, green onions and grainy mustard.
- Serve soup, garnishing with a dollop of grainy mustard sour cream, and a slice of multigrain loaf or homemade corn bread.